December 5, 2017, Accra, Ghana
CUTS Policy Dialogue brought together high-profile officials from the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MOTI), Finance, Bank of Ghana, Security and Exchange Commission, telecom operators, regulators, banking institutions, law firms, National Communication Authority, Association of Ghana Industries (AGI), Institute for Statistical, Social and Economic Research (ISSER), Attorney General Department, donor agencies, economists, trade experts, CSOs, etc.
This policy dialogue focused on the following issues:
- Competition in general i.e. the need for an effective competition law in Ghana
- Mergers and acquisitions in the absence of competition law
- What should regulators look for before approving merger and acquisitions transactions?
- What are the various options available to regulators in a M& A request?
- How do we ensure that the marketplace becomes more competitive for everyone?
- Ghana to have a Competition Law in 2018
Ghana Business Finance, December 24, 2017
- Yofi Grant backs call for Competition Law
HAO Tags, December 13, 2017
- National Competition policy to be passed soon-Trade Minister
GBC Ghana, December 06, 2017
- National Competition policy to be passed soon – Minister
Ghana News Agency, December 5th, 2017